Prague Pride 2013

This was my 3rd year at the Prague Pride parade. It was awfully hot, and even though I only wore shorts and a swimsuit top, I was boiling in my wig, I had to fight the cobblestones in my wedges, and there was a hill to climb at the end of the parade, but it was still so much worth it! Although I'm not LGBTQ myself, I went to support their rights, because discrimination and narrow-mindedness are the two things I hate about humanity, and because quite a lot of my friends and people I admire (John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Christian Dior, Oscar Wilde, to name a few) are/were LGBTQ, and I hate to see the intolerance against them. Plus Prague Pride is always so much about people having fun, celebrating equality and love, like a big party with a deep message behind it. Over the years, the protesters have decreased, I only saw like 10-20 of them lined up next to a parade of thousands. Maybe there still is some hope for this world.


WHITE SKORT - C/O PERSUNMALL, BLACK CAGE BIKINI - C/O SHEINSIDE, WHITE SUSPENDER BELT - LINDEX, WHITE PLATFORM SANDALS - H&M, CROSS NECKLACE - GIFT, FEATHER MASK - SECOND-HAND, UNICORN RING - ROKIT, WIG - EBAY

The make-up was an improvisation, because my plan to go as a drag queen had crumbled the day before. (sad face) So I took out my Hello Kitty eyeshadow palette and went for the good old rainbow. The wig looks similar to the ombre pink hair I used to have, but it's much more silky and easier to take care of. I think I need more wigs, it's like putting on a brand new personality.


And the best comes last... I can finally tick photobombing homophobic Christian protesters during a LGBTQ Pride parade on my bucket list! (The transparent says 'Homo sex. = road to hell'.)

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't think I can achieve anything greater in my life lol.

      Delete
  2. Vypadáš božsky! Ta paruka je fakticky super <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you look different, but good. I saw that gif set on tumblr and completely didn't recognise you, you look great and I love the hair <3

    Cute to the Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. that gif is wonderfull!! :o)

    niky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so amazing! the gif is super perfect too!~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And your body..i´m envious:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. You have nothing to complain about though, your body is great! ;3

      Delete
  7. Oh my god, the GIF is more than purrfect!
    Also, lovely wig.

    It's sad there are still protestants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad that there are people protesting against what is in my opinion a basic human right, and that there is all this madness happening in Russia. But at least there are a lot of people supporting LGBTQ rights and trying to fight against the discrimination. Although it's a long and tough fight. n_n

      Delete
    2. It's funny that the world figts against LGBTQ 'discrimination' in Russia, but when journalists and Putin's political opponents are dying there, no one says a word. I don't want to change your beliefs. I'm just sad, becouse I didn't see any fashion blogger critisizing Russian government then. In this country there are more important problems than people's sexual orientation and MUCH worse anti-human actions than limiting LGBTQ propaganda. Just think about it.

      Delete
    3. I don't think that it's 'discrimination' in quotation marks, it's an actual and serious problem, and I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be addressed and fought against, when there are 'worse' ones... It doesn't mean that I'm not thinking about anything else than LGBTQ rights, but I don't vent all my thoughts and actions here, and Prague Pride simply was apart from its meaning a dress up opportunity, hence this article.

      Delete

leave a note.