Ukiyoe

This strange tongue-breaking word is a Japanese expression for images (both paintings and woodblock prints) depicting the world of the pleasure quarters in the 17th - 20th century. This Great Wave of Kanagawa by Katsushika Hokusai is (albeit not really depicting a pleasure quarter) my personal favourite. I love how dynamic and yet simple it is. Now that I look at it, my outfit on that day (Friday) was rather Japan-inspired - with the random fish kanji bandana (so bad that it's good) and a Xu Bing tote bag deconstructing the Chinese characters (used in Japan as well) and using their components to write English words ('book' in this case).
I actually got dressed really quickly, but I ended up liking the outfit, so I made a few quick snaps of it.

HOKUSAI T-SHIRT - THE BRITISH MUSEUM | GREY JEGGINGS - H&M | BLACK SOCKS - LINDEX | CREEPERS - T.U.K. | DENIM JACKET - THRIFTED + DIYED | JAPANESE CHARACTERS BANDANA - 100YEN STORE | BLACK SPIKES EARRINGS - LINDEX | XU BING TOTE BAG - THE ASHMOLEAN MUSEUM



6 comments:

  1. I like everything about this outfit *o* you look perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skvělé! A moc se mi líbí tvůj účes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dekuju! :3 I kdyz ten uces je spis zamaskovani toho, ze zadny uces nebyl haha.

      Delete
  3. Love love love everything you're doing here! Following you now. :)


    Macie,
    Amen Fashion †

    ReplyDelete

leave a note.