I Follow Rivers

Rather than making up excuses for not having updated for so long, I'd like to thank you for reading this, and staying tuned with what I do. Time flies, and somehow although I have accumulated quite a lot of (hopefully good) blogging material in my Mac, I haven't found the time to publish any of it until now.

But enough of the boring stuff...
I have been moving towards a more minimal approach to fashion (and life). However, I try to pay attention to details in order to make things more interesting, to stand out from the crowd (even though that's pretty easy in Japan with my height and platinum blonde bowl cut).
I recently went on a little shopping spree in Monki, one my favourite stores, and one of the items I am very happy about buying is this long black sleeveless coat. I was surprised that it does actually help a lot to keep you warm in winter, and it is easy to layer not just over long coats and sweaters, but also over jackets of all kinds. I also bought a simple grey dress, and a black two-way shoulder bag (You can fit A4 into it if you don't fold it.), which fulfils my need for more simple items to combine with the printed and extravagant bits of my wardrobe. (I have been trying not to overbuy, but I'm positive these things will last me for a long time.)


GREY MAXI DRESS - MONKI | GOLD TOE CAP BOOTS - TOPSHOP | CLOUD PRINT JACKET - C/O OASAP | LONG BLACK VEST - MONKI | BLACK BAG - MONKI | GOLD CHAIN NECKLACE - 390YEN STORE | GOLD TUBE RING - C/O GALISFLY

These pictures were taken in what might actually be my favourite place in Kobe (where I'm currently living), or it definitely is among my favourite ones. It is a modern art museum built by Tadao Ando, a Japanese architect whom I admire enormously both for his work and his way of living. The building faces the river and it is surrounded by what you could call a concrete park. (Enough said to be able to guess that it is exactly my cup of tea.)


(This place also becomes virtually magical when it gets dark.)


10 comments:

  1. Some of these photos are quite artistic. And I truly love black & white. Awesome. <3

    On a side note... how is this haircut called??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call it the bowl cut, but to be honest I have no idea if it's a proper name. :D

      Delete
  2. It's been a long time I follow you, but I never really take the time to write a comment.
    However, I must say, I love how your style has evolved. And this outfit is the perfection, one of my favourite by you.
    You are so lucky to live in Japan, I've always been attracted by this country. I think it's a totally different vibe than Europe, it should be interesting to experiment it.

    Looking forward to see more of your updates ;-)

    Noé,
    Couleur Spleen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for such an encouraging comment. It's good to hear that I've evolved, and will hopefully keep on evolving in the future.
      I'll try my best not to disappoint. ;)

      Delete
  3. ooh, thanks god, you're still writing! i hope you're happy :) ps: your hair are perfect ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment. :)

      Delete
  4. in love with this coat but can't find it on the site :( Any idea if still available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the cloud jacket, it is still available here: http://www.oasap.com/coats-jackets/32611-fashion-cloud-graphic-jacket.html
      And as for the Monki sleeveless coat, I bought it last week, so it should be available at monki.com ;3

      Delete

leave a note.