A Trip to Shōwa

It was one of those days left blank in my diary, and knowing that being locked up in my room for the entire day would make me overthink and chainsmoke, I dressed up and went to the nearby Y+T MOCA (Yokoo Tadanori Museum of Contemporary Art) to see an exhibition presenting the artist's (decadent, parodic, and colourful) view on the Shōwa era (1926 - 1989), for me personally the most interesting bit of Japanese history. And so I slicked my hair back and popped on my big red coat, contrasting it with tones of grey and white. After the exhibition, I ended up in a little local cafe which probably hadn't changed since Shōwa days, with old-fashioned furniture, and questionable kitschy decorations, (and me being the only Heisei-born in the room).

RED COAT - COMME DES GARÇONS ROBE DE CHAMBRE | BASIC TURTLENECK TOP - MUJI | GREY SLEEVELESS DRESS - MONKI | HOLOGRAPHIC SHOES - MONKI | MATTE WHITE SUNGLASSES - STREET STALL IN SEOUL | CHAIN NECKLACE - MONKI




12 comments:

leave a note.