thrifted.

I am now spending some time (reading and watching Korean TV shows) at my parents' house, so I paid a visit to a local second-hand store. It's one of those places where you have to dig and dig and dig some more, and you pay for how many kilos, not how many pieces, you picked up. I get extremely picky when I'm shopping, regardless of whether it's a £2 or a £200 item, so I only took away two pieces I was perfectly happy with - black oversized pinstripe trousers, and a grey men's pinstripe shirt. This proves that one's fashion sense is not necessarily determined by the $$$ (or £££) in their wallet...

_price in total: 69CZK (£2)

_9065394 copy3
 LACE BRA - MONKI | ROUND GLASSES - VINTAGE

Together they look like your grandpa's pyjamas (I dig that look, though.), but the pants alone look great with a pair of heels and a spaghetti top or even a white T-shirt and trainers, while the shirt can be tucked into a high-waisted skirt, tied around the waist of a black dress, or worn over a bodysuit and a pair of high-waisted shorts.

_9065405 copy3
BODYSUIT - MONKI

_9065419 copy3
_9065428 copy3
BODYSUIT - MONKI | DRESS - T BY ALEXANDER WANG | SOCKS - NIKE

_9065437 copy3
SKIRT - MONKI | SOCKS - NIKE | HAT - AMERICAN APPAREL

_thrifting tips
When digging through a pile of clothes, I like to look out for colours, patterns, and materials first. If something catches my eye, I pull it out and see if I like the cut etc., I try it on (or at least see it in front of myself in a mirror), see if it's damaged or stained, and then think about with what and how often I would wear it, or if I own something similar to it already. You might think £2 won't kill you, but you don't need to flood yourself with clothes you will never wear (like the crowds happily shopping suitcase-worth of junk in Primark). There was a really good article at BoF about second-hand fashion taking the guilt out of thoughtless over-purchasing. So if you only picked this thing up because it's ridiculously cheap, it's probably for the better if you put it right back down.

7 comments:

  1. Páni, super inspirace! :)

    Tyhle outfity mi zase velmi připomínají "starou Haru", to se mi líbí (ale i ta nová je skvělá! :D). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dekuju
      Neprijde mi, ze bych se ke 'stare Haru' vracela, ale jsem rada ze se ti to libi. :D

      Delete
  2. the glasses are insanely cool!

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you visit some thrift shops in Japan? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to second-hand shops (both brand and off-brand ones) quite often, but I didn't come across a thrift shop in the true sense if the word, like the one where you dig and pay in kilos... I suppose if they are there, they wouldn't be around the big cities, where everyone knows what's up brand-wise.

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh you look amazing! Lovin' all of those outfits♥

    ReplyDelete

leave a note.