MAO.

Love Is Enough. Mao in MAO.

I can't really say my attire was Andy Warhol (let alone William Morris) appropriate, but within the realms of monochrome - I tried. I have discovered the white leather pinafore is perfect to layer over maxi dresses, even though/precisely because it looks a bit like a butcher's apron. I also thought my earrings and socks spelling MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS were somewhat pop art related.
As for the exhibition itself, it's definitely worth a visit, especially since it's free entry. I am always a fan of original curation ideas, and putting Andy Warhol and William Morris into the same context is quite a bold and unpredictable thing to do. The interior (and the exterior, hence the photos below) walls are also amazingly decorated, which plays with the idea of copy/original, and gets rid of the usual (boring) pictures-lined-up-on-a-white-wall art gallery set up.

IMG_0950 copy
GREY MAXI DRESS - MONKI | LEATHER PINAFORE - C/O MOTEL ROCKS | CARDIGAN - MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA | LEATHER VEST - C/O KOSHKA | LEATHER BACKPACK - C/O MOTEL ROCKS | GREY BEANIE - H&M | SOCKS & EARRINGS - MYOB | BOOTS - ASOS

IMG_0945 copy
IMG_0943 copy
IMG_0942 copy
photos by Clio Zäuner

INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR | FACEBOOK

10 comments:

leave a note.